Many of us enjoy giving sanctuary flowers in memory or honor of loved ones. Since that isn’t possible during the pandemic, in the interim, the Deacons have created an opportunity to donate plants.
Money collected will be put into a Plant Fund. When the Deacons decide that our campus can be beautified by a new tree, shrub, or flowers, they will draw from this account.
If you are interested in contributing to this Plant Fund, here is the procedure:
- Write out this information on a paper –
- Your name and phone number
- The name(s) of the person(s) you wish to honor or commemorate.
- Make out a check to First Congregational Church for any amount you wish, and put on the memo line: Plant Fund.
- Mail the information and check to Deacon DeeDee Dyer at P.O. Box 108, Harwich, MA 02645.
- DeeDee will contact the Secretary so that the Midweek Message and Beacon can include the name of the person(s) for which the remembrance is given, and by whom the contribution is made.
- DeeDee will give your checks to the Treasurer for inclusion in the Plant Fund.
- The Deacons will inform the congregation when plants are purchased.
If you have any questions about this temporary procedure, please call Lynn Carver at 508-717-1989.